Well, what do you guys think? Remember, you are the ones who voted and made up these 3 Shortlists...

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can we have the numbers?
Just curiosity on my side ....
Hi Phooka

No numbers/stats available until the Shortlists are closed, I'm afraid - we don't want tactical voting or suchlike - we can save that until the political voting (in the UK at least!)

However, I am planning to show the top 20 as I did last year, so that people can know how close (or not) their favourites might have come to the Shortlists... also I just think it's worthwhile to stop and celebrate the top 20!

Oh, I can tell you we had 3,362 votes on the LEGEND, from 91 countries! I will blog it so people can see on the Main page...
Deborah J Miller - Award Administrator said:
Hi Phooka

No numbers/stats available until the Shortlists are closed, I'm afraid - we don't want tactical voting or suchlike - we can save that until the political voting (in the UK at least!)

However, I am planning to show the top 20 as I did last year, so that people can know how close (or not) their favourites might have come to the Shortlists... also I just think it's worthwhile to stop and celebrate the top 20!

Oh, I can tell you we had 3,362 votes on the LEGEND, from 91 countries! I will blog it so people can see on the Main page...

Thanks a lot Debbie. My question was just for my own curiosity to see how close the votes were (oops that is not really correct in english sorry! ;))
Hi Pooka et al! I've just been looking at the Poll data & realised I made a stupid error - in fact, we had 6,623 votes - I think maybe I was so busy, I managed to get my numbers transposed or something! It just popped into my head yesterday when I was out in the car... "it can't be 3,362 because that would mean that voting was down on last year" - which I knew it wasn't!

Fortunately I haven't blogged it or Tweeted it yet, so no harm done... [blush]
I liked it cos the one I wanted got on it :)
Im going to admit that i dont visit this site as much as should but its clear i need to in order that i register my vote once or ten times. I say this because after reading Blood Of Elves i do not understand why it won!!! Yes its a good story and well written if not too well written in parts. But The Painted Man and The Way Of The Shadows were far superior books. I wont read book 3 Beyond The Shadows because i dont want it to end. I was wondering if the award is truely done on votes or is it the book worlds Eurovision Song Contest. I no there is a French author so do i need to no the winner?
The Blood of Elves won because it was the top vote getter. Why it was the top voting choice was personal for each voter but you must remember many gamers probably voted also. This year looks like a different rationale was in use as the noms all look to be above average in quality. I sure hope Storm fares well but all the short list are worthy. I , for one, am waiting for the announcement with bated breath! I will have a lot of good reading for the summer.
joe

ballbagben said:
Im going to admit that i dont visit this site as much as should but its clear i need to in order that i register my vote once or ten times. I say this because after reading Blood Of Elves i do not understand why it won!!! Yes its a good story and well written if not too well written in parts. But The Painted Man and The Way Of The Shadows were far superior books. I wont read book 3 Beyond The Shadows because i dont want it to end. I was wondering if the award is truely done on votes or is it the book worlds Eurovision Song Contest. I no there is a French author so do i need to no the winner?
After reading a third of blood of elves i actually put it down and wondered how on earth can a story begin with only 200 pages remaining and i was right it didnt. The last half of the book was the only part i enjoyed.Please tell me there is a third book because if thats the end omg! The only true author that hits the notes like David Gemmell is Brent Weeks with the Night Angel Trilogy. Read it and u wont be disapointed. Bllod Of Elves doesnt have anything different to give us. Elves hate humans dwarves hate everyone blah blah. The Painted Man { The Warded Man} gives us something completly diffrerent where humans dont come out at night and are only protected by wards painted on houses. These wards protect them from all dark creatures until one man stands up to them The Warded Man. The second book Dessert Spear is out now only just released. If u havent read these books check them out. If u have read them and still think Blood Of Elves is worthey of the title then i forgive u { no i dont}

JOE CRAWFORD said:
The Blood of Elves won because it was the top vote getter. Why it was the top voting choice was personal for each voter but you must remember many gamers probably voted also. This year looks like a different rationale was in use as the noms all look to be above average in quality. I sure hope Storm fares well but all the short list are worthy. I , for one, am waiting for the announcement with bated breath! I will have a lot of good reading for the summer.
joe

ballbagben said:
Or even DESERT SPEAR wops im sure my favourite author would love his book called DESSERT SPEAR

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Legend!

The DGLA is a Not-for-Profit organisation, which operates through the goodwill of its volunteers, sponsors and friends.

If you would like to help the DGLA continue, please consider making a small donation to our funds:

Tribute Anthology

AVAILABLE NOW

From Newcon Press

The Award (Quick Links)